$19.95 (90-Day Supply)
Health benefits of quercetin
Research has linked quercetin’s antioxidant properties to various potential health benefits.
Here are some of its top science-based benefits.
- May reduce inflammation
- May ease allergy symptoms
- May have anticancer effects
- May lower your risk of chronic brain disorders
- May reduce blood pressure
Other potential benefits
Here are several other potential benefits of quercetin:
- May help combat aging. Test-tube and animal research suggestsTrusted Source that quercetin may help rejuvenate or eliminate aging cells and reduce markers of aging. However, more human research is needed.
- May aid exercise performance. A reviewTrusted Source of 11 human studies found that taking quercetin may slightly improve endurance exercise performance.
- May aid blood sugar control. Human and animal researchTrusted Source indicates that the compound may reduce fasting blood sugar levels and protect against complications of diabetes.
Safety and side effects
Quercetin is found in many fruits and vegetables and is safe to consume.
As a supplement, it appears to be generally safe with little to no side effects.
In some instances, taking more than 1,000 mgTrusted Source of quercetin per day may cause mild symptoms like headaches, stomach aches, or tingling sensations.
When consumed in food, quercetin is safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
However, studies on the safety of quercetin supplements for pregnant and breastfeeding women are lacking, so you should avoid taking quercetin if you’re pregnant or nursing.
As with any supplement, consult your healthcare provider before taking quercetin, as it can interact with some medications, including antibiotics and blood pressure medications.